Saturday, May 1, 2010

Cough!

So this week's been rougher than the last one because in addition to my 6.115 project (which is going horribly) I had to prepare two presentations. On Tuesday I also woke up with a sore throat, which has since turned into a cough. Since I'm singing in a choir concert tomorrow, I've decided to not run until afterwards to save my throat from the huffing and puffing. I still got outside today to enjoy the return of spring (after days of crazy wind and rain) by going sailing with my friend Rachel, on the sailing team. That was definitely the perfect thing to do today, and I feel very relaxed, despite the deadlines creeping toward me far too quickly.

In other news, I finally made it out on Tuesday to do my timed mile. I was aiming for sub-9, but managed to pull off a 9:04, which isn't bad. It's definitely somewhere to start from. I decided to time splits for each lap, which was pretty funny:
Lap 1 2:12
Lap 2 2:16
Lap 3 2:23
Lap 4 2:13

I was huffing and puffing pretty hard during the last one, when I realized I needed to step it up to get under 9 minutes. All I need to do is reach a point where I can sustain my first lap's pace for all four of them. Then go for sub-8.

Oh, and get more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment